Sunday 21 August 2016

Review: Anastasia Beverly Hills Glow Kit in That Glow


The amount of months I have lusted after this product is TOO. DAMN. HIGH. After seeing this product on many social media outlets (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook) I had to get my hands on it. 




The hype on these glow kits from Anatasia was way too much for me to handle to wait longer to grab one of these palettes. So, I went on over to my Sephora and saw that this was, indeed, the LAST ONE in stock. (When I mean last one, I mean it didn't even have a sleeve on it) The lack of sleeve did not stop me from purchasing That Glow for $52.00CAD. Now let's go into some pics shall we?


The description of these highlighters say that they can be layered together to create a whole new colour as well as can be worn as eyeshadow shades.


I like the fact that we have the colours and their names on the back of the packaging....


... as well as on the actual palette. The pans in these palettes are in fact magnetic and can be removed and moved to either a bigger palette, or can be swapped out with other colours of the same pan size. Heads up, be VERY careful with lifting out these pans. I got a bit too excited and rough with Sunburst and she got injured coming out of the palette. (I'm so sorry girl)

Okay lets get into these shades.


First up is the crippled Sunburst. Sunburst is a yellow gold shade. It is also the lightest shade in the palette. It has become my favourite shade in the palette since I do lean towards lighter colours for my highlight. Since this is a yellow toned highlight shade this looks beautiful on girls with a tan. 


Golden Bronze is the darkest shade in the palette. The name describes the shade beautifully. It is a rich shimmery golden bronze colour. This would be AMAZING as an eyeshadow colour and would look beautiful on richer, darker skin tones.


Bubbly is the next shade up. It's also a harder shade the describe. It is a champagne colour with peach undertones. It is amazingly beautiful and I love layering this shade with Sunburst for an "in yo face" glow on the cheekbones. 


The last shade in the palette is Dripping in Gold. Dripping in Gold and Bubbly are so comparable I wish that there was more difference in the two (since you know, I paid $52 smackeroos for this palette). Dripping in Gold is another champagne shade that is just a tad bit lighter than Bubbly. 


Here are all the shades swatched on my arm. All of these shades are buttery soft and highly pigmented. Even though these are very pigmented there are also buildable and can be layered very well without going over the top with a soft hand. 

Overall thoughts? Solid price for paying for 4 full sized highlighters (working out to be $13 per highlighter). I love the texture of these highlighters, Anatasia never fails to impress me with their luxurious feel to their products. The only downside is that I wish Bubbly and Dripping in Gold had more of a difference in shade. I feel like they are the exact same shade on my skin tone. Overall, I would recommend this palette for sure!





No comments:

Post a Comment