Thursday 27 August 2015

Fav Fall Lippies!


Ahh, fall. The time for sweater weather, hot cocoa, Starbucks pumpkin spice lattes, and my all time favourite; dark lips!
I absolutely love fall as it is the season for fashion, so with it just around the corner, I wanted to share with you all my favourite fall lippies to rock this season. I also have a Youtube vid with these colours swatched on my lips so if you wanna check that out (you should!), it'll be down below!





 

Starting off this list is this warm toasty brown shade called "Mink" by Revlon. I absolutely love this color because its just a shade darker than my natural skin tone, giving me the perfect nude that doesn't wipe away my lips. The formula is super creamy and moisturizing.

Mink swatched
 

The next color that I have here is my favourite red lippie to date. This is NYX's Soft Matte Lip Cream in Monte Carlo. This is the perfect matte red lip. The formula of this lip cream is super moisturizing and long lasting. I love wearing this because my lips have that "natural liner" effect going on so whenever I wear this, everyone assumes that I spend a while creating a lip ombre when in reality it took it a couple of seconds to pop this color on!


Some people hate lip products that have to be applied with a duofoot applicator but personally I love the control I get with it!

On top: Mink
Below: Monte Carlo
 

Next up we have what I like to call "red wine in a lipstick tube". This is BH Cosmetics Creme Luxe Lipstick in "Moody Merlot" and believe me when I say this, it is straight up Merlot! This is the mother of all wine shades and I am completely in love with how rich this color is.


BH Cosmetics always has affordable beauty products ranging from eye shadow palettes, to gorgeous eye lashes, to highly pigmented lip shades. I really recommend you trying out their Creme Luxe Lipsticks.

Top: Monte Carlo
Bottom: Moody Merlot
 

This next shade was my very first MAC lipstick ever *tear*. This gorgeous very wearable jewel-toned purple is called "Rebel". Be warned, you will feel rebellious wearing this color. This shade is suitable for most skin tones and will look gorgeous on anyone daring to try it. Honestly, I wear this every season by using it to lip ombre with, but now that it's fall I'll be wearing this a lot more on its own!


Top: Moody Merlot
Bottom: Rebel

 

This next color looks extremely scary in the tube but I assure you it's not bad at all. This is another Matte Lip Cream called "Transylvania" (fitting name). It's a dark, smokey plum color that looks amazing layered over Rebel (psst, if you watch the Youtube vid you can see the swatch!). This is a more patchy color to work this from this lip line so that's why I prefer to layer it over a color rather than to continue layering it on its own. 


So gorgeous! *drools*

Top: Rebel
Bottom: Transylvania
 

The final color I have to share with you all is my go to color of all time. This is Kat Von D's Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in BauHaus. I have no idea how to pronounce the name of this lippie but I will tell you it's definitely "everlasting". I wear this when I have a 7 hour shift at work and this girl right here stays on the entire shift, no touch ups needed. As always, it's a matte color which I adore! Every girl needs a berry color to rock in the fall, and this is it!


This product also has a duofoot applicator just like the NYX lip creams. 

Top: Rebel
Middle: Transylvania
Bottom: BauHaus

From Left to Right: BauHaus, Transylvania, Rebel, Moody Merlot, Monte Carlo and Mink.

Those are my top picks for my fall lippies, what's your favourite lip color to rock?



No comments:

Post a Comment